Your course content
What you will learn
The M.Sc. degree programme in Digital Transformation Management with specialization in Cyber Security in Business trains you to become a digital transformation manager who is familiar with all the fields and diverse challenges of digital transformation. In addition, you will gain in-depth expertise in the planning and implementation of IT security solutions. You will deal in detail with security principles and security standards as well as security technologies and security tools.
In the practice-oriented Digital Transformation Management (M. Sc.) programme, we prepare you to successfully lead companies into the digital future. After completing your master's degree, you will be able to recognize and explain threats such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and botnets, and recommend countermeasures. You will also deal with security management and security analyses, and therefore be able to use them in your practical work. Additionally, you learn about key management, authentication and access control methods, and technologies. As a result, you will be able to describe and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
The master's programme Digital Transformation Management offers you a wide range of career opportunities. With the skills you have acquired, you will be able to select and implement modern Cyber security concepts and IT security measures. Thanks to your strong interaction skills, you can educate employees about IT security dangers in their daily work activities and therefore persuade them to pay more attention to IT security and protentional threats, such as network security and internet security. Throughout the degree you will learn how hackers think and act, and therefore can counter threats early and in a targeted manner.
By training to become an IT expert, you will become a specialist who is needed at any place and at any time.
With your degree, the following selected career paths are open to you:
- Digital Business Manager (Focus Cyber Security)
- Digital Transformation Manager (Focus IT Security)
- IT Security Manager
- IT Security Engineer
- IT Security Administrator
- Consultant IT Security
- Information Security Specialist
Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you focus on one topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you can learn about real management challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.Learn more about our academic approach
And these are your modules Your curriculum
- Disruptive Innovations 5
- Corporate Management 5
- Innovation Management 5
- Process Management 5
- IT Management I: IT Strategy, Organisation and Resource Management 5
- Leadership Skills 5
- Disruptive Corporations 5
- Corporate Development 5
- Organisation Management 5
- Change Management 5
- IT Management II: IT Policy, Application and Service Management 5
- Coaching Skills 5
- Internship or Global Study Semester | Going International 30
- Analysing International Business (online) 5
- Master Thesis 25
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers
Please apply online via the application form on our website. We will evaluate your eligibility and invite you for an interview. To be considered for a study place for this Master's programme, the following requirements must be successfully fulfilled:
- University degree (Bachelor's or Diploma) with at least 180 ECTS in:
Business/Management, Business Informatics, Informatics/Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Non-Business related university degree (min. 180 ECTS) + 6 months related working experience
- Proof of the required English language skills - we accept: TOEFL 87 ibt | TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150 | IELTS (academic) 6.5 average | CAE (grade A, B, or C) | CPE (grade A, B or C) | Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 Points | B2 First: 173
Due to Covid-19, we currently also accept the following English tests.:
You don't feel prepared yet? More information about the Academic English Preparation Course
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
The tuition fees are as follows:
- € 4,080 per semester for EU/EEA students (incl. Western Balkan, Switzerland)
- € 5,400 per semester for non-EU/non-EEA students
- The amount is fixed for the entire study period.
- In addition, an enrolment fee of €500 for EU/EEA students (€900 for non-EU/non-EEA students) is charged at the beginning of the course.
Your studies at the Dresden School of Management are a valuable investment in your future. As a student at an SRH campus you will benefit from small study groups, individual support and practice-oriented courses. Thus, you will be well prepared for a successful career in management.
You have the following options to finance your studies
- BAföG The Dresden School of Management is supported by the Office for Educational Promotion in Berlin, as we are a campus of the Berlin University of Applied Sciences. (Only applicable for German citizenship.) // For further information please visit: www.stw.berlin/finanzierung.html
- Child Benefit If you are studying, you are entitled to child allowance until you are 25 years old. (Only applicable for German citizenship.)// Information via: www.arbeitsagentur.de/familie-und-kinder/infos-rund-um-kindergeld
- Student Jobs Our Career Service will be happy to assist you in your part-time job search.
- Educational Funds The SRH and some other institutes offer you a study financing scheme, where the repayment depends on your income and only takes place after you have successfully started your career. // Information via: www.srh-berlin.braincapital.de or www.bildungsfonds.de | www.deutsche-bildung.de | www.dkb.de/privatkunden/studenten-bildungsfonds
- Educational Loans Here you have the possibility to get a monthly loan for your studies. // Information via: https://dakaberlin.de or www.kfw.de/studienkredit
- Scholarships There are numerous private, public or non-profit institutions that offer grants and scholarships for students. You do not have to be highly talented for this; committed volunteers, studying mothers / fathers and other groups are also eligible. // Information via: www.stipendienlotse.de I www.stipendiumplus.de www.mystipendium.de I www.e-fellows.net I https://eu.daad.de/
Our student advisory service will be happy to inform you about all financing options.
Application process and deadlines
This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive a confirmation of acceptance and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a Non-EU/Non-EEA student – the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Orientation Week and then you are good to go.
We are happy to welcome you to our university.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) SRH Campus Hamburg
Master of Science (M.Sc.) SRH Campus Hamburg
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Dresden School of Management