Your course content
What you will learn
With the Digital Transformation Management Master's programme with focus Software Engineering in Business, you will become an expert for a wide range of strategic and technological challenges of the digital transformation. You will learn how to develop, design and implement innovative software solutions yourself.
In the practice-oriented MSc Digital Transformation Management degree programme, we prepare you to successfully lead companies into the digital future.
In the Digital Transformation Management - Focus Software Engineering in Business degree programme, you will deal with process models (e.g. Extreme Programming, Scrum), techniques and tools of modern software engineering in detail. You will use the principles and methods of software development and earn valuable practical experience. In order to apply your skills in practice, you will use them directly in your own programming projects. Additionally, you will study software process management, software development life cycle, software project management and quality management. This will enable you to test and evaluate software in a variety of ways.
The icing on the cake of your studies with us is that you will acquire sound communication and collaboration skills, so that you can responsibly lead interdisciplinary and intercultural teams and projects after graduation.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
"Software is eating the world" said Netscape inventor and Silicon Valley investor Marc Andreessen in 2011. This motto of digitisation is still relevant today.
The networking of people, institutions and objects associated with the digitisation of the economy and society, as well as the development of new technologies and business models, are opening up new perspectives for companies. These can lie, for example, in product development, the development of new target groups, and marketing.
The digital transformation therefore requires experts who have mastered the use of the engine of digitisation: software.
The need for software developers is huge. Companies have a considerable need for experts who can develop software solutions and are proficient in dealing with complex software systems.
With the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired during your studies, you will be able to plan, prepare, implement and follow up software development projects yourself. You will be on a par with specialists in software engineering and will be able to advise companies on the selection and introduction of software solutions, and alternative (agile) software engineering methods and tools. In addition, you can try out, test, and evaluate new and old existing software products.
With your Master in Digital Business Management - Focus Software Engineering, the following and further career paths are open to you:
- Digital Business Manager (Focus Software Engineering in Business)
- Digital Transformation Manager (Focus Software Engineering)
- Junior Software Developer
- Junior Software Engineer
- Junior Software Tester
- IT Consultant Software
Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you focus on one topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you can learn about real management challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.Learn more about our academic approach
And these are your modules Your curriculum
- Disruptive Innovations 5
- Corporate Management 5
- Process Management 5
- Innovation Management 5
- Software Engineering I: Software Engineering Principles, Methods and Techniques, Programming Project I 5
- Leadership Skills 5
- Disruptive Corporations 5
- Corporate Development 5
- Organisation Management 5
- Change Management 5
- Software Engineering II: Software Engineering Process and Project Management, Programming Project II 5
- Coaching Skills 5
- Internship or Global Study Semester | Going International 30
- Analysing International Business (online) 5
- Master Thesis 25
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers
Please apply online via the application form on our website. We will evaluate your eligibility and invite you for an interview. To be considered for a study place for this Master's programme, the following requirements must be successfully fulfilled:
- University degree (Bachelor's or diploma) with at least 180 ECTS in:
Business/Management, Business Informatics, Informatics/Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Non-business related university degree (min. 180 ECTS) + 6 months relevant working experience
- Proof of the required English language skills - we accept: TOEFL 87 ibt | TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150 | IELTS (academic) 6.5 average | CAE (grade A, B, or C) | CPE (grade A, B or C) | Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 Points | B2 First: 173
Due to Covid-19, we currently also accept the following English tests.
You don't feel prepared yet? More information about the Academic English Preparation Course
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
The tuition fees are as follows:
- € 4,080 per semester for EU/EEA students (incl. Western Balkans, Switzerland)
- € 5,400 per semester for non-EU/non-EEA students
- The amount is fixed for the entire study period.
- In addition, an enrolment fee of €500 for EU/EEA students (€900 for non-EU/non-EEA students) is charged at the beginning of the course.
Your studies at the Dresden School of Management are a valuable investment in your future. As a student at an SRH campus you will benefit from small study groups, individual support and practice-oriented courses. Thus, you will be well prepared for a successful career in management.
You have the following options to finance your studies
- BAföG The Dresden School of Management is supported by the Office for Educational Promotion in Berlin, as we are a campus of the Berlin University of Applied Sciences. (Only applicable for German citizenship.) // For further information please visit: www.stw.berlin/finanzierung.html
- Child Benefit If you are studying, you are entitled to child allowance until you are 25 years old. (Only applicable for German citizenship.)// Information via: www.arbeitsagentur.de/familie-und-kinder/infos-rund-um-kindergeld www.arbeitsagentur.de/familie-und-kinder/infos-rund-um-kindergeld (website doubled, only one is linked)
- Student Jobs Our Career Service will be happy to assist you in your part-time job search.
- Educational Funds The SRH and some other institutes offer you a study financing scheme, where the repayment depends on your income and only takes place after you have successfully started your career. // Information via: www.srh-berlin.braincapital.de or www.bildungsfonds.de | www.deutsche-bildung.de | www.dkb.de/privatkunden/studenten-bildungsfonds (first two websites are not linked)
- Educational Loans Here you have the possibility to get a monthly loan for your studies. // Information via: https://dakaberlin.de or www.kfw.de/studienkredit
- Scholarships There are numerous private, public or non-profit institutions that offer grants and scholarships for students. You do not have to be highly talented for this; committed volunteers, studying mothers / fathers and other groups are also eligible. // Information via: www.stipendienlotse.de I www.stipendiumplus.de www.mystipendium.de I www.e-fellows.net I https://eu.daad.de/
Our student advisory service will be happy to inform you about all financing options.
Application process and deadlines
This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive a confirmation of acceptance and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a Non-EU/Non-EEA student – the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Orientation Week and then you are good to go.
We are happy to welcome you to our university.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) SRH Campus Hamburg
Master of Science (M.Sc.) SRH Campus Hamburg
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Dresden School of Management