SRH Campus Dresden

Financing your studies

Funding & Scholarships
Funding & Scholarships

How to finance your studies at SRH Dresden

Education fund, student loan or scholarship? There are many ways to finance your studies. We have put together some information to help you find a suitable financing option. Please note that a lot of the options are only available to German or EU citizens, since they require a guarantor with EU citizenship or a permanent residence permit.


Financing options for your studies

SRH Scholarships for international students

We support international students in particular with five SRH scholarship programmes. Each scholarship covers up to 50% of the tuition fees in the first year.

Deutschlandstipendium / Germany Scholarship

The Germany Scholarship is a federal government initiative that provides financial support for talented students regardless of their origin or citizenship. A monthly grant of 300 euros is awarded for at least one year and is funded in equal parts by the public sector and sponsors from the private sector.

It is awarded to all students who are enrolled in the next semester and who have an excellent school or academic performance, who do not receive other scholarships and who are still enrolled for at least one more year.

Other Scholarships & Scholarship Databases

In addition to classic criteria such as academic performance or community involvement, there are many other selection criteria. Find your scholarship:


In certain cases non-German students are able to apply for BAföG (Federal Education and Training Assistance Act) funding.

If you have a permanent residence permit, are a recognised asylum seeker, a refugee recognised under the Geneva Refugee Convention or are under subsidiary protection, you may be entitled to receive BAföG funding.


Non-German citizens who have a permanent residence permit might be able to apply for Kindergeld (child benefit payments). From the age of 18, child benefits are only paid if the child is in training or studying, but only until the child reaches the age of 25 at the latest.

Brain Capital's SRH Berlin Education Fund | Study first, then repay

Brain Capital was founded in 2005 and is one of the largest providers of education funds. Thanks to a "Reverse Generation Contract", repayments from alumni to the education fund enable the next generation of students to complete their studies.

Please note that you need to have a permanent EU work permit in order to apply for funding.

Education fund by Deutschen Bildung

Deutsche Bildung AG has been supporting students in Germany and abroad since 2006. A study grant is an alternative or supplement to BAföG or student loans.

Please note that you need to have a permanent residence permit in order to apply for funding.

International grants for students from Nordic countries

Scandinavian students might enjoy financial support for equivalent full-time education. Find out more by selecting your country:

Student loans by Studentische Darlehnskasse Berlin (daka Berlin)

SRH Berlin University of Applied Scieces is part of Studentische Darlehnskasse Berlin (daka Berlin). Daka Berlin has provided students with loans since the 1950s.

Loan amount:
Students can receive up to €750 per month for a maximum duration of 3 years of study (36 months). A one-time payment of up to €1,500 is possible as well. This credit is also valid for semesters abroad. The amount paid out depends on the needs of each student.

Interest rate & costs:
The student loan is offered at a fixed interest rate. During the first two years the interest rate is 1% p.a.; from the 3rd to the 5th year it is 2% p.a.; from the 6th year onwards it is 4% p.a. The first repayment is due six months after the last loan instalment has been paid and – under certain circumstances – the due date can be postponed for another six months.

Loan conditions:
Students can apply for the loan regardless of age, background or their parents' income. The loan applies to all study programmes of SRH Hochschule Berlin. Students need to reside in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.

You will need to provide a directly liable guarantor. Please note that guarantors need to be EU/German citizens or need to have a German permanent residence permit and need to reside in Germany. Please also see the loan requirements.

Loan applications are approved twice a month. Normally, the first payment is made as early as two weeks after the submission of the application.

Student jobs

If you are in possession of a valid German residence permit for study purposes you are allowed to work for up to 120 full days (full day = 8 hours per day) or 240 half days (half day = 4 hours) during the calendar year. However, freelance work is not permitted.

Internships that are mandatory for the successful completion of your studies do not count towards the above named 120 full days. Employment that is considered “student part-time work” (studentische Nebentätigkeit) (e.g. student worker in a university or university-related organisation, Werkstudent activites in companies that are related to your studies) can be done without any time restriction. 

If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen you have almost the same rights as a German citizen. You are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the semester.

Student jobs can be found here: