- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers
Your course content
What you will learn
In the English-taught Master's programme Hospitality Management & Leadership you will deal with all areas of the service sector. You will gain detailed insights into the tourism sector as well as the hotel and gastronomy industry. Additionally, you will receive further education in the economic sector, which will qualify you for an international management career. Furthermore, you will develop both your leadership qualities and industry-specific knowledge in special corporate functions in the hospitality industry - such as in finance or human resources. The internship abroad or a semester (6 months) at one of our international partner universities opens doors to international management positions in the hospitality industry.
If you already have a degree in business or economic studies and would like to specialise in the field of hospitality, the Master's programme Hospitality Management & Leadership is the right choice for you. Perhaps you have already gained practical experience in hotel or restaurant management or another guest-related service company and would like to deepen your theoretical knowledge with a sound education.
The curriculum covers the following topics:
1st Semester - Leadership Skills
The first semester serves to prepare you for your future tasks as an internationally deployable manager. The focus lies on assessing economic challenges within the industry in the context of global trends and challenges - technological, digital or intercultural. You will define future markets and their opportunities, from which you will develop your own business models including financing plans. In addition, the first part of your studies is about understanding the importance of management action in line with the corporate culture and developing / applying appropriate action skills.
- International Business Development and Digital Intelligence
- Global Markets and Finance
- Leading Intercultural Workforce
- Case Study: Business Development or Leaving Challenge
- Corporate Governance & Business Ethics
- Global HR Management
2nd Semester - Application of Leadership Tasks
In the second semester, you will directly apply your leadership skills in the hospitality sector. In particular, you will focus on working with business owners, financiers or real estate management companies. In addition, you will analyse and create operator concepts and design sustainable global distribution strategies - both in culinary and hospitality. The module "Contracting & Negotiation" particularly promotes the development of personal and social skills. In the module "Academic Paper Design & Writing" you will develop both creative skills and competences in scientific academic methods and thus academic thinking.
- Asset Management, Hospitality Real Estate and Experience Design
- Entrepreneurial and New Work
- Strategic Revenue and Distribution Management
- International Team Project
- Contracting & Negotiation
- Academic Paper Design & Writing
3rd Semester - Going International
In the third semester, you will focus on the practical, international application and expansion of your existing skills. Depending on your personal goals your skills will be further developed over a period of 6 months at a practical company or deepened during a semester at one of our partner universities with a sector-specific curriculum.
- Internship or Global Study Semester
4th Semester - In-Depth Experience
The last semester is introduced with the online research module Analysing International Business. Subsequently, your Master's thesis will follow - ideally linked to a question from the operational hotel practice.
- Analysing International Business (online)
- Master's Thesis
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
With a Master's degree in Hospitality Management & Leadership, you can expect to work in highly diverse and complex fields of responsibility in senior international management positions. With your leadership skills, other relevant key competencies, and your specialist knowledge of human resources management in a multicultural context you are ideally prepared for the demands of international business in the service sector.
In addition, with a Master of Arts (MA) degree you will create the best possible conditions for an academic career in teaching and research.
With your Master's degree in Hospitality Management you could be working in the following selected professional fields:
- Food & beverage management
- Hotel planning & facilities management
- Hospitality management consultancy
- Service management
- Hotel / restaurant manager
- National and international hotel industry
- Event agencies
- City and destination marketing
- Health and wellness facilities
- Tourism organisations, associations and politics
Do you want your Master's degree in 3 semesters?
Then take the Fast Track Master's degree programme in Hospitality Management & Leadership with internship included. In three semesters we prepare you for your management function in international companies.
- Compressed study according to our innovative CORE model, focusing on international management, communication and leadership
- Improve your management skills and deepen your industry knowledge
- Company projects, internships or a semester abroad broaden your perspective and enhance your work experience
- Your Master's degree opens up many career paths - interesting fields of activity await you, especially in higher management
Decide for yourself whether you would prefer to do your Master's degree compressed into 3 semesters or in 4 semesters over the regular study period.
Our study concept
Your studies are divided into 5-week blocks. During this time you focus on one topic which you get to view from different angles. Thanks to this approach you can learn about real management challenges and strengthen the skills that employers are looking for.Learn more about our academic approach
Internship abroad in Switzerland
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
hese are the necessary requirements:
To submit your application, you will need the following:
- 3-year Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management (or similar) from an accredited university or a 3-year relevant subject Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and at least 6 months of work experience in the hospitality sector
- Motivation letter
- Academic transcript that proves 40 ECTS in Business Modules via a Transcript of Records
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport/ID
Please find our English language requirements here:
- Duolingo 95 Pts
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct entry)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - please see Language Centre guidelines if results differ
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points
You don't feel prepared yet? More information about the Academic English Preparation Course
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
The tuition fees are as follows:
- €680 per month for EU/EEA students (incl. Western Balkan, Switzerland)
- €5,400 per semester for non-EU/non-EEA students
The amount is fixed for the entire period of study.
In addition, an enrolment fee of €500 for EU/EEA students or €900 for non-EU/non-EEA students is charged at the beginning of the course.
our studies at the Dresden School of Management are a valuable investment in your future. As a student at an SRH campus you will benefit from small study groups, individual support and practice-oriented courses. Thus, you will be well prepared for a successful career in management.
You have the following options to finance your studies
- BAföG The Dresden School of Management is supported by the Office for Educational Promotion in Berlin, as we are a campus of the Berlin University of Applied Sciences. (Only applicable for German citizenship.) // For further information please visit: www.stw.berlin/finanzierung.html
- Child Benefit If you are studying, you are entitled to child allowance until you are 25 years old. (Only applicable for German citizens.)// Information via: www.arbeitsagentur.de/familie-und-kinder/infos-rund-um-kindergeld
- Student Jobs Our Career Service will be happy to assist you in your part-time job search.
- Educational Funds The SRH and some other institutes offer you a study financing scheme, where the repayment depends on your income and only takes place after you have successfully started your career. // Information via: www.srh-berlin.braincapital.de or www.bildungsfonds.de | www.deutsche-bildung.de | www.dkb.de/privatkunden/studenten-bildungsfonds
- Educational Loans Here you have the possibility of getting get a monthly loan for your studies. // Information via: https://dakaberlin.de or www.kfw.de/studienkredit
- Scholarships There are numerous private, public or non-profit institutions that offer grants and scholarships for students. You do not have to be highly talented for this; committed volunteers, studying mothers / fathers and other groups are also eligible. // Information via: www.stipendienlotse.de I www.stipendiumplus.de www.mystipendium.de I www.e-fellows.net I https://eu.daad.de/
Our Student Advisory Service will be happy to inform you about all financing options.
Application process and deadlines
This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive a confirmation and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a Non-EU/Non-EEA student - the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Orientation Week and then you are good to go.
We are happy to welcome you to our university.
Chat with our Students.
You want first-hand information? Our students are happy to share their experiences with you, tell you about their courses, their projects and student life in Berlin, Hamburg and Dresden.