Our door is always open for you
Welcome aboard the Dresden School of Management! We are the Student Service team and your first point of contact for all questions and problems concerning our campus. You can find us during the opening hours of the university, right in the foyer downstairs. We will help you when you start at our campus and then accompany you throughout your studies at our beautiful university in Dresden.
Here are some of the topics we are happy to help you with:
- General questions about applying
- Semester ticket & Student ID
- Updating addresses & other information
- Processing health insurance waivers
- Help with “Bafög” forms etc.
- Assistance with the address registration (Anmeldung)
- Help with all other forms/ bureaucratical work
- Buddies & Student Council contact
- Assistance with enrolment certificates - access via Campus net
- Help with Log in credentials for CN, Office 365, Wifi
- Assistance with finding accommodation
- and much more.
You can always reach us in person*, by phone or by e-mail at email@example.com de at the following times:
Monday to Thursday 7.30 a.m. - 6 p.m. & Friday 7.30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
*Due to Corona restrictions, we are currently mostly in home office. If you have a personal request, we can also arrange an appointment on site. Just give us a call.
Good to know. Important things to know when you start your studies.
In order for you to be enrolled, it is important that you have or take out health insurance. The German Social Security Act states that as a student at a state or state-recognised higher education institution in Germany, you must prove that you have sufficient health insurance cover for the entire period of your studies. Here you have two options:
Are you covered by public health insurance?
- Then submit an insurance certificate from your insurance company to our university.
Are you covered by private health insurance?
In this case you are either "exempt from insurance" or "exempt from public insurance".
- Then contact a statutory insurance (see info sheet for contact details) & present the insurance certificate (if applicable, insurance policy) of your private insurance.
- You will receive either a "proof of exemption from compulsory insurance" or a "notice of exemption".
- Submit this proof and the insurance certificate of your private insurance to our university.
How to submit the proof and by when?
- Antonia Gomille from the Admission Service
- in advance by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or during the Welcome Week (introduction week).
- You will receive more detailed information about your start at the university and about the Welcome Week (introduction week) latest one week before the start of your studies.
- In the Academic Calendar you will find all lecture times, lecture-free periods, and public holidays per semester.
- You will receive the timetable as well as all important information about the course of studies and the course content from your programme director during the introductory week. During your studies, you can access this directly in our CampusNet study portal.
To help you settle in well at the Dresden School of Management, we have "Student Buddies" on our campus. These are students from higher semesters who will accompany you through the Welcome Week. They are your contact persons for all matters concerning your studies at our university and should make your start easier. If you are already a student at our university, you can find more information about our buddy programme here.
You will have to pay the following fees for your studies at the Dresden School of Management:
- A one-off enrolment fee of 500 EUR for EU/EEA students or 900 EUR for non-EU/EEA students
- Tuition fees, which are payable monthly, per semester or per year, depending on the degree programme and country of origin (for information on discounts, please contact Antonia).
You will find an overview of the tuition fees to be paid in each case and the corresponding payment modalities in your study contract (Annex 1 Fee Schedule). If you have any further questions regarding the payment of fees, you can reach us personally during our office hours, by phone: +49 351 407617-20 or via e-mail.
For your successful enrolment and so that you can receive your student ID and semester ticket, we need the following documents from you:
- Original or certified copy of your school leaving certificate (for Bachelor's students) and your Bachelor's certificate and transcript (for Master's students).
- Proof of health insurance (also possible by e-mail)
- Your original study contract incl. signature and all relevant pages
- If applicable, missing application documents (if applicable according to the study contract and/or supplementary agreement)
- Visa/residence permit for Germany (for non-EU/EEA students)
If you have already submitted all of the original documents listed above, you do not need to submit them again. Please submit all missing documents to our email@example.com. Further information on submitting original documents can be found here.
The student ID and the semester ticket will be issued by post or during Welcome Week. The student ID is also your semester ticket. You can find the key facts here in our information sheet.
You can find important information in relation to finding accommodation in Dresden in the "Student welcome guide" or here. We recommend that you plan enough time for your flat search (approx. 1-2 months in advance). For short-term accommodation, you can also look for a cheap hostel or hotel.
- We recommend that you plan enough time (approx. 1-2 months in advance) for your accommodation search.
- For short-term accommodation, you can also look for a cheap hostel or hotel.
- Our university is happy to assist you in your search for accommodation but does not arrange any specific offers.
- Since our university is not a member of the Studentenwerk Dresden, it is not possible to apply for the halls of residence there.
Registration of your residence
- Within 14 days of moving in, you must register at the Dresden Bürgerbüro.
- To avoid waiting times, we recommend that you book an appointment online immediately after signing your tenancy agreement.
- You must bring the following documents with you to the appointment: your tenancy agreement, your landlord's certificate, a written statement from your landlord about your moving in, your identity card or passport and the registration form from the registration office.
The Welcome Week is the introduction week for all new students at the beginning of a semester. Over the course of five days, we introduce you to all aspects of your studies at the Dresden School of Management and the campus. This is also a wonderful opportunity for you to finally get to know all your fellow students. You can look forward to a colourful programme.